[Kst] problem getting real-time graph running

Dan Field dan_field at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:29:05 UTC 2015

Thanks for the reply Barth.  After sending the original question, I have
been running many experiments and got to the point where the problem has
gone away and I can no longer reproduce it.  Because I am launching both
a file filter process (powershell script) that produces the output file
consumed by kst and kst itself from an application program, it's
possible that there were some inter-process issues going on.

The data file is ascii, and as mentioned above, is being produced from a
powershell script that is essentially running a tail -f on the real data
file in order to create a csv-like file that can be consumed by kst.
The version is 2.0.8 obtained
fromhttp://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/ (windows installer).
Real time does work when running things manually, and does, in fact work
now in my automated environment with the powershell filter after the
experimentation above.  I just don't understand why it wasn't working
before, and what I did to fix the problem.

In any case, thanks again for the reply.

BTW, do you know if there is an xml schema available for the kst files?

Best,
    Dan