[Kst] Multiple time columns in single file

David McMinn David.McMinn at halliburton.com
Fri May 15 12:49:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

Is it possible to have multiple formatted time columns in a single file, and have KST interpret the formatted times? For example, my data looks like this (ASCII file, this should all be one line with semi-colon as the separator):

Time P1;Pressure P1;Time T1;Temperature T1;Time P2;Pressure P2;Time T2;Temperature T2;
13/05/2015 09:34:33.670;0.0411301;13/05/2015 09:34:34.021;12.8154297;13/05/2015 09:34:34.041;-0.0751724;13/05/2015 09:34:34.352;13.237793;

The application generating these files I have no control over, it's basically polling from 2 devices with 2 sensors each across Modbus and storing the time and value for each measurement. We cannot just use one timestamp as we have had events happen between samples that we can understand due to the sequential sampling. If they all used the same timestamp it would not be as obvious.

Anyway, I've tried creating vectors manually and changing the "Interpret as" option in the datasource after creating each time vector. However, that setting is per-file so I only nominate one column as time. Is there any other way or am I going to have to split the files using awk?

Thanks.

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.