[Kst] Antw: Re: Bug

Gunter Koenigsmann Gunter.Koenigsmann at semikron.com
Wed Jun 24 15:56:12 UTC 2015

Dear Mr. Netterfield,

Did first try to reproduce it on a different computer - which was more
of a problem than I thought (too little RAM and a slightly older version
of KST).
Will try to recreate the file on monday.

Kind regards,

   Gunter.

Gunter Königsmann
R&D/RDSSD

Tel:     +49 911-6559-6025
Fax:    +49 911-6559-776747

www.semikron.com
gunter.koenigsmann at semikron.com

SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG
Sigmundstrasse 200, 90431 Nürnberg, Germany
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRA 13650
Komplementär:
SEMIKRON Elektronik Verwaltungs GmbH
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 21338
Geschäftsführer:
Harald Jäger
Christian Müller
Peter Sontheimer

>>> Barth Netterfield <barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca> 22.06.2015 19:23

Hmmm...

I'm unable to reproduce this.

Is this a new session, or from loading a .kst session file?

Have you tried creating a new session as Roger Wehage suggested?

cbn

On June 19, 2015 4:52:27 PM Gunter Koenigsmann wrote:

> Dear Barth,
>
> Then this is one of the friendy projects. Good!
>
> >>  - Create a diagram
> >
> >Do you mean a plot? Does it have to have anything in the plot?
>
> Did have two curves in the plot. But seems like the exact number of
> curves doesn't matter: Managed to crash a completely empty plot,
too.

> >>  - Create a annotation
> >
> >Do you mean a label from the create->annotation->label dialog?
>
> That is right.
>
> >>  - Enter some Text, go back a few characters and press
Ctrl+Right.

> >All in the dialog?  What text?  Any text?
>
> Seems like this is a good question since the text actually does
> matter:
>
> Test
>
> didn't crash.
>
> Test [U_22:y:Mean (X381)]
>
> did crash, but only at the second press of Ctrl+Right. U_22:y is the
> result of an equation. I actually did test about 8 texts involving
> results from equations or last elements of data vectors before I
found
> out how to cause the crash.
>
> >>  - KST crashes.
> >
> >Hmmm... not good.
>
> Not this bad since I have found out how to trigger it and now can
avoid
> the said key combination.
>
> > Can you send me some details?
>
> > OS/ OS version:
> Windows 7/64 Bit; all service packs included.
>
> > Source of the packages:
> http://kst-plot.github.io/kst-build/ and
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/
>
> > Version of Qt4:
> How do I find that out for binary packages?
>
> Kind regards,
>
>  Gunter.
>
> Gunter Königsmann
> R&D/RDSSD
>
> Tel:     +49 911-6559-6025
> Fax:    +49 911-6559-776747
>
> www.semikron.com
> gunter.koenigsmann at semikron.com
>
> SEMIKRON Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG
> Sigmundstrasse 200, 90431 Nürnberg, Germany
> Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRA 13650
> Komplementär:
> SEMIKRON Elektronik Verwaltungs GmbH
> Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 21338
> Geschäftsführer:
> Harald Jäger
> Christian Müller
> Peter Sontheimer
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE - The contents of this email and attachments are
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
use,
> copy, distribute or rely on this email and should please return it
> immediately or notify us by telephone. While we take every
reasonable
> precaution to screen out computer viruses from emails, attachments
> this email may contain such viruses. We cannot accept liability for
loss
> or damage resulting from such viruses.  The integrity of email
across
> the Internet cannot be guaranteed and SEMIKRON will not accept
liability
> for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium for
> transmissions by or to SEMIKRON.

Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto
416-845-0946

IMPORTANT NOTICE - The contents of this email and attachments are
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
copy, distribute or rely on this email and should please return it
immediately or notify us by telephone. While we take every reasonable
precaution to screen out computer viruses from emails, attachments to