[Kst] Antw: Re: Bug

Roger Wehage raw915 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:34:11 UTC 2015

Dear Gunter,

Your file may be corrupted with something, but I can’t tell you what that would be. Some time ago I demonstrated a similar crash with one of my files, where I also changed the number of plots, including a completely empty plot, too. I repeated that crash at least a dozen times with that same file or a copy of it and reported it as a bug, along with the offending files. I never heard what happened.

To convince myself that the file and copies of it were indeed corrupted, I generated a new file, starting from scratch, for the same set of plots. That new file and copies of it never crashed. I did all this several months ago, and I haven’t done anything with kst 2 since then, but I still have the corrupt file on my hard drive. I haven’t upgraded kst 2 since then, so I don’t know if this problem has been fixed or not. You should be able to find my bug report or related E-mails on the kst system somewhere.

I suggest you start with a new file and see if it crashes. If it does not crash, and if you know how to do file diffs, maybe you could look for any differences. I should have done that, but I’m getting too old to figure this stuff out.

Best regards,

Roger