[Kst] hdf5

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Jul 14 18:57:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry for the very long delay in replying to this very interesting question.
As it stands, Kst can not read HDF5 files directly, but:
1) if you compile the netcdf lib with HDF5 support, and link Kst against this netcdf library chances are good that it may work
2) adding a HDF5 datasource based on the hdf library should be feasible. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on adding a datasource: https://github.com/Kst-plot/kst/blob/master/src/datasources/HOWTO_add_a_datasource.txt

If you try either of these options, please report your success (or issues) on this list. Adding HDF5 is certainly a good idea, it has been on the roadmap for quite some time.
If you have the choice, I'd recommend developing under Linux because compiling all the dependencies under Windows is a bit more tedious. It is where I got stuck last fall when I tried it.

Nicolas