[Kst] Trending from daily CSV Files KST-Plot Windows Version

Huber, Jörg Huber.Joerg at herrenknecht.de
Wed Aug 19 14:03:24 UTC 2015

Hello Barth,

I hope you are doing fine!

I have been in contact with you almost one year ago.

As I already told you (see correspondence below) - I really like Kst2Plot which is a great tool

and we successfully use it for CSV Real Time Trends & Data Analysis.

With a normal PC  (8GB Ram, Intel core I5, 2,6GHz, SSD drive) Kst2Plot still manages to open data of

90 days (each day = 1 file, size of ~100MB, 80.000 datasets/rows) which are in total around 7 million datasets!!!

If the program starts it will take some while (up to 30minutes), but after data are loaded it still can be operate

with adequate response due to the amount of datasets- absolutely impressing!

Now my request:

The Kst2Plot "list of files" looks like below.

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_01.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_02.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_03.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_04.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_05.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_06.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_07.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_08.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_09.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_10.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_11.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_12.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_13.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_14.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_15.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_16.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_17.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_18.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_19.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_20.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_21.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_22.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_23.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_24.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_25.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_26.CSV

C:\Data\P109C1b\P109C1b_2015_07_27.CSV

ð  Each day new created CSV-file added here

The datalogger adds each day a new file which will be display in Kst2Plot. This works absolutely great.

To limit the period of days Kst2Plot "list of files" is limited to e.g. 30 /60 or 90 days.

Days older than 30 /60 / 90 days will be automatically deleted from the Kst2Plot "list of files" when a new file is added.

If a file is deleted from the list the data shown in plots of Kst2Plot should be also updated and deleted.

The problem is that Kst2Plot must be manually restarted to have an updated plot.

Is there any other (automated) way to solve this problem?

Restarting of the program should be avoided as  this takes too long in case of  ~60-90 files/days listed in Kst2Plot "list of files".

Please be aware that we are using Windows compiled version of Kst2Plot!

Another request

If Data Wizard is opened fault messages shown below pop up

No disc in drive \device\harddisk4\DR4

No disc in drive \device\harddisk4\DR3

No disc in drive \device\harddisk4\DR2

No disc in drive \device\harddisk4\DR1

After confirm  "Cancel/Quit/Try again"  4 times for each drive configuration can be done.

Is there any way to avoid this messages?

[tzav4ojm.s4g]

Thanks in advance for your help and looking forward to your reply!

FYI:

Herrenknecht/H+E delivered 2 tunnel conveyor belts for transit  Eglinton Crosstown LRT - Toronto,

which seems not be far from University Toronto - see also attached PDF.

Advance will start end of September. TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) is from company Lovat.

Data of conveyor belts will be analyzed with Kst2Plot.

[cid:image006.png at 01D0DA98.93396240]

Best regards

Jörg

Best regards