[Kst] Prune data to visible range

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 17 14:52:57 UTC 2014

Let me make sure I understand this:

(2) is a plot tool which, for example could be:
plotRBM->prune to visible range (or some better name)

which would set the vector range of all tied plots to the range displayed in
the plot.

The logic could be:
go through each vector in each displayed curve in a tied plot
  -find the index of the first XY pair which is in the plot: f0
  -find the index of the last XY pair which is in the plot: f1
Set the new vector range accordingly.

Notes:
  -we need to keep different indices for each data source.
  -If the curves are not monotonic, we might still read samples that are not
displayed, but we will for sure read all samples that are displayed.
  -using the tied zoom system lets us select which vectors we trim at the cost
of some decreased convenience.

If this is what you mean, then I think it is a very good idea.  I would be
happy to put it on my short list....

cbn

--
C. Barth Netterfield