[Kst] Help for using openSuse Build Service

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 9 14:17:20 UTC 2014

On September 6, 2014 8:00:10 PM Jan Sundermeyer wrote:
> I have noticed that kst causes load on the xserver after displaying a
> larger data set, even if the data does not change and no interaction
> with kst takes place. At an "older" machine, it causes 100 % load on
> Xorg-process with a 10+M csv file, rendering kst unsuable.

That is very disconcerting!

Can you give me more details?

What are the settings in kst2->settings->configure kst (General)

Does it happen (at a smaller level) with smaller csv files?

Is there any load from the kst process, or just Xorg in this situation?

How many data samples and vectors do you have?

Does being in Cound From End mode, Read From End mode, or fixed sample range
mode make any difference?  Does it happen when you pause kst?

thanks for reporting this!

--
Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto