[Kst] Data wizard reads previously opened file

Ben Lewis benlewis003 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 10:30:41 UTC 2014

Hi Kst list,

There seems to be a problem with the data wizard using Kst version 2.0.8.

When the data wizard first launches, it automatically begins parsing the previously opened data
file. The UI locks up until the the file is fully read. This can take a couple of minutes for a
large file (> 500MB) if the file is located on a remote PC.

As far as I'm aware there should be no reason for the data wizard to read the previously opened file.

The attached screen shot shows Kst parsing the previously opened data file (see status bar at
bottom). Note that the file listed in the data wizard is the previously selected file not the file
intended to be opened.

If this is a bug I will submit a formal bug report.

Regards, Ben