[Kst] Ascii comment char ignored

Berse, Matthias Matthias.Berse at raith.de
Thu Nov 20 06:07:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have posted this a while ago, no one answered so I try again.

BTW what is the correct way to report bugs for Kst?

I am using 2.0.8 on Windows but also verified that this bug exists on Linux.

My csv file looks like this

#time, valuea, valueb
2014-10-23 16:42:23, 73, 42

I can easyly use the first line as column headers.

# is set as the comment char

Now the file is created by a logging thread, which will everytime it is started just write the line with the column headers. So it is repeated multiple times in various locations of my ASCII file.

When I create plots from such a file, everytime the "header" is repeated after the first time, the date gets interpretet as 1.1.1970. This makes it quite hard to get new users to use KST since they need to zoom to the right protion of the data in order to see something useful.

In short, I would expect all lines starting with a # being ignored by kst. Once exception: the line with the column headers. There I would suggest just to remove the comment char.

Thanks,

Matthias
Raith GmbH
Matthias Berse
Development Engineer - R & D

email: mailto:Matthias.Berse at raith.de
phone: +49 (231) 95004 351
fax: +49 (231) 95004 460
web: http://www.raith.com
Raith GmbH - Konrad-Adenauer-Allee 8 - 44263 Dortmund - Deutschland / Germany
Geschaeftsfuehrer / managing director: Dr. Ralf Jede // Handelsregister / trade register: Dortmund HRB 8984
Steuer-Nr. / tax number: 315/5765/0135 // Ust.-IdNr. / VAT number: DE 124 727 617