[Kst] Building installer with translations under Windows

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Mar 26 18:36:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've spent quite a few hours trying to get a Windows installer packaged with translations, but somehow something is always failing, be it with Qt4 or Qt5.

I'm doing this on a PC where I don't usually do development and I guess I haven't set things up correctly (Qt versions, MinGW versions, etc...). But it takes an awful lot of time that'd be better spent elsewhere. So if someone can help and get an installer produced after having launched the fetch-l10n-files.py script and re-run cmake, I'd appreciate it a lot.

One thing I finally managed to work around is the creation of the installer which failed due to a problem creating a temporay directory until I commented out the following line:
set(CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME ${kst_install_prefix}-win32)
But the problem is that with Qt4 (and MinGW from Qt 5.1.1) I can't get the executable to run due to missing libs (mingwm10.dll and libwinpthread-1.dll), and with Qt5 it says it can't find the translation tools and then skips translations altogether!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,