[Kst] NO cmake/CMakeLists.txt any more

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Mar 21 08:09:22 UTC 2014

On 21.03.2014 01:46, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> On March 20, 2014 11:53:12 PM Peter Kümmel wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>> You have to remove your existing build and to restart with cmake ../kst.
>> Shadow builds are possible as before.
>
> Hmmm...
> Doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong.
>
> "cmake ../kst"  creates CMakeCache.txt  and CMakeFiles in the current
> directory, but the Makefile etc is in ../kst.

Ah, you are used to call cmake within the kst tree, then
"../kst" is the same as "kst".

> Now my source director is full of all sorts of entertaining stuff that make
> clean doesn't get rid of :-(

git clean -df

removes all files and dirs not checked in, so be sure you've committed
all your new files before calling it.

> Ideas?

Build out-of-source: create a build directory which is not in the kst tree,
e.g. in the same directory as kst, cd into the build directory and
then call cmake ../kst.
This way you could have multiple builds from the same sources, for instance
debug and release.