[Kst] Fwd: [Kst-plot/kst] 5be7ab: graphics system needs to be set before QApplicatio...

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Mon Mar 17 22:27:25 UTC 2014

Peter,

Regarding this opengl backend, which is clearly marked as experimental: it does not work here for me (menus are empty).
I don't feel comfortable keeping this, especially as performance is not better.

Have you tried it under Windows? Also with Qt5 where it possibly works better?

I don't understand why, but under Qt4 I get blurred text and poor performance. Maybe something is wrong in the following call?

  if (_useOpenGL) {
    setViewportUpdateMode(QGraphicsView::FullViewportUpdate);
    setViewport(new QGLWidget);
  } else {
    setViewportUpdateMode(QGraphicsView::MinimalViewportUpdate);
    setViewport(0);
  }

Commenting out the following line in view.cpp does not make OpenGL faster, but at least it's sharp:
// setRenderHints(QPainter::Antialiasing | QPainter::TextAntialiasing | QPainter::SmoothPixmapTransform)

Does anyone know more?

Nicolas