[Kst] Out of Memory Error

Ben Lewis benlewis003 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 05:29:39 UTC 2014

Hi Barth,

That makes a lot of sense. Every 2..3 minutes after the first error the plot will temporarily
"glitch" (jump to what appears to be a random value). It freezes in the glitched state for a few
seconds and then everything resumes as normal. Including the glitches which disappear. This has
never bothered me too much because it recovers with no permanent harm.

These glitches must be due to the same error that is initially reported.

I agree that the first error should be removed (just like all subsequent errors) because it
automatically recovers.

It would be great if the source of the problem could be rectified also. This will get rid of my
regular "glitches". Is it possible that I am doing something wrong in my application or is this most
likely a Kst issue? When I write to the data file I open it once and do not close the file between
write operations. Should I be closing the file after each write operation?

This problem occurs when plotting data from a remote PC but a colleague of mine has tired it with
local data and gets the same result. So I don't think it is related to the location of the file.

Regards, Ben