[Kst] How to do the auto real time plotting?

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Jul 8 19:57:03 UTC 2014

Dear Yuging,

I assume you use the datawizard to load your data. If not, please use it.
In the first step where you select the data file, you should set the update type to "Change detection" or "Time interval".
Then you have to configure the data source format, select the vectors to plot and the range. The range is an important setting here:
- either select "Read to end" to have all points from the first selected sample to the end of the file (your curves will shrink to fit in more data as the file grows)
- or select "Count from end" and the number of samples to read to have scrolling curves with the requested number of samples.

Note that if you choose the "Time interval" option, you can adjust the interval used in the settings: Settings -> Configure Kst: General section, "Period between updates (ms)" value.

I hope that helps, otherwise please post more details so that we can help you further.

Best regards,

Nicolas