[Kst] calculating the Amplitude Spectrum

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 31 23:55:23 UTC 2014

You had "Interleaved Average" checked in the Power Spectrum Dialog.  This is
useful if your input spectrum is random phase non-white gaussian noise and you
want to determine the underlying power spectrum, but not correct in your case,
where you want to determine the amplitude of a coherent line.

Un-checking this option gives a line of amplitude 0.999911705184 at
34.5011749626 Hz  (with the remainder of the power spread into nearby bins).

Sqrt(2) vs 1 is related to the definition of "one sided" or "two sided" power
spectrum or some such thing like that.

cbn

--
C. Barth Netterfield