[Kst] Out of memory error

Ben Lewis egretengineering at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 03:46:00 UTC 2014

Hi Kst,

Using the latest 64bit auto built I have the following settings:

After a few minutes of running I get the following error. But the buffer limit is already set.

After I click OK on the above message there is a pause of about 30 sec and then Kst continues to
plot live data anyway. The fault does not occur again even after many hours of logging. From the log
file it looks like Kst reads the entire data file again during the pause before continuing.

Note, I always see the pause after the Ch1 read, which is (possibly coincidently) the same point
where Kst frequently crashes when loading a live data stream for the first time. Below is another
log file example.
The pause in the above log file is after line 14.13.17.246.
The pause in the below log file is after line 14.00.20.850.

 From the task manager I can see that I'm not actually out of memory and Kst can continue anyway so
it seems that this message it erroneous.
This fault happens every time I load a data file, for me at least.

Please let me know if there is any more info I can provide.

Regards, Ben