[Kst] calculating the Amplitude Spectrum

Chris Stoughton chris.stoughton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 17:00:26 UTC 2014

Thank you.  I will look at these options.  This is a big help.

While I have your attention, may I ask about another option?

We want to show the power spectra in a waterfall view.  That is, each
second (or so) calculate the power spectrum.  Calculate a column in the
image with a color map, and pop this column to the scrolling waterfall
image.  Does kst have this?  Is there an example?  Thank you.
On January 31, 2014 06:55:23 PM Barth Netterfield wrote:

> You had "Interleaved Average" checked in the Power Spectrum Dialog.  This
is
> useful if your input spectrum is random phase non-white gaussian noise and
> you want to determine the underlying power spectrum, but not correct in
> your case, where you want to determine the amplitude of a coherent line.
>
> Un-checking this option gives a line of amplitude 0.999911705184 at
> 34.5011749626 Hz  (with the remainder of the power spread into nearby
bins).

(also I unchecked the window option - otherwise the power is spread more).

--
C. Barth Netterfield
416-845-0946