[Kst] Kst (git) - read error for ASCII file
get.sonic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:48:30 UTC 2013
I downloaded Kst today from the git repo by:
git clone https://github.com/Kst-plot/kst.git
Built it successfully by opening cmake/CMakeLists.txt in Qt Creator and
I tried opening the attached text file and got the error message box:
" The file could not be read because not enough memory is available.
Try setting a file buffer limit in the configuration options."
After clicking OK, A plot window with no visible curve is displayed
(although it apparently has Column2 as legend).
After deleting this plot, I open the data manager, choose 'Purge'. Then
when I repeat the process for the same file,
Here's how to repeat the problem:
1. Open Kst
2. Use the data wizard to import sample.dat
3. Choose the defaults, (i.e. 'Limit buffer size' option in ASCII
configure dialog is not selected)
4. Select 'Column2'
5. Select 'Column1' as X-axis
6. Proceed to create the curve
7. Get the above described error pop-up
8. Dismiss the error message
9. Right-click the empty plot and delete it
10. Open data manager by pressing 'D'
11. See that the vectors for column1 & 2 as well as the curve are
correctly listed (with 3140 samples each)
12. Select 'Purge' to remove them
13. Repeat steps 1 through 6 to successfully display the plot - but with
some problems (see step 19 below)
14. Close & re-open Kst
15. Repeat steps 1 through 13 with same observations
16. After step 11, avoid purging
17. Create a new plot and add the curve C1
18. Curve is displayed with some problems (there's one horizontal line
that connects the last point with the first)
19. Open Data manager and find that the vectors seem to have 6280
20. Delete the plot and open data manager and 'Purge'
21. Repeat steps 1 through 6
22. No error is displayed, but no curve is displayed either!!
23. The data manager still lists 6280 samples for the vectors
24. Create a new plot and add the curve to it
25. Same problematic curve as in step 18 is displayed
26. Open the data manager and find that the curves now have 9420 samples
Fedora 19 x86_64
Can this be explained? Or should I test with Kst v2.0.6?
Thanks and regards,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 14665 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Kst