[Kst] Git commit messages to the mailing list + automatic builds?

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Sep 22 05:59:08 UTC 2013

On 21.09.2013 20:34, Nicolas Brisset wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done my first git commit to github this afternoon (nothing big, it was more a test). One thing I found great with svn was that you got a mail on the list at every commit, so that you always knew who was working on what. Right now with git I find it too silent. It's clear to me that we don't want every single local commit being sent to the list, but I think pushes to github should trigger a mail. Peter, do you know whether that's possible?

We can install a post-commit hook, but have to google about
it how it works on github.

> I have another question regarding github. If I do a commit to fix a Windows-specific issue and I don't have the Windows build environment set up, can I get an automatically-generated binary from github or do I need to do something to trigger it?

On each push we get a new builds, see the commit times at
kst-build
https://github.com/Kst-plot/kst-build

(For each github repo you could crate "github pages" which
are linked to at the bottom of the github's kst site.