[Kst] Sharing branches

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Oct 2 14:35:24 UTC 2013

> Yes, just push the branch:
> Checkout the branch then call "git push origin HEAD". origin
> expands to the github repository and HEAD to the name of the
> checked out branch.
OK, I just pushed using "git push origin manyvectors", which is the same (but less error prone).
See if you can get it. And if you can tell me how to group the commits it would be nice! In this case there were only two, but I guess it can be many more.

If I understood correctly, the workflow with a shared branch is the following:
- you can pull my branch doing "git fetch origin"
- if you want to work on it, you create a local version using "git checkout -b manyvectors origin/manyvectors"
- you check my code and make it beautiful, bug-free and complete :-) using as many local commits to your local copy of the branch as you want
- when you want me to see your status, you push the result back to the server using "git push" and git will know what to do since you're on a tracking branch
- I can check it on my side and merge your work to my local branch using "git pull" and then "git merge origin/manyvectors" while on that branch
- when it works, someone merges it into its local master with "git checkout master ; git merge manyvectors" and pushes it to the server with "git push origin master"
Is that more or less correct?

Note regarding the index in the new vector view: it looks awkward right now because there are vertical headers and an index vector with an offset of 1.
We have to settle on one or the other. I'd tend towards the built-in one, because sometimes there are vectors called index and it looks like a vector which it in fact is not.