[Kst] Sharing branches

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Oct 2 10:26:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

Yesterday evening I took at look at the vector dialog with more than one vector and I got it working to the point where:
- you can add vectors to the view one by one
- you can see the vector values correctly
- there is a persistent dialog instance so that if you've added some vectors, close the dialog and then want to see the values again you don't have to start from scratch

There are still a few things needed to make it releasable:
- adding a way to remove vectors or at the very least reset the view
- I had to add a call to reset() in the model to get the data displayed. The doc says this should be a last resort, I think there is still something wrong in my code
- according to how much effort it is (shouldn't be too much) adding a way to rearrange the columns to make comparisons easier

Then there are a few other points which I'd like to address:
- option to format the values for each column differently (if you have big index values showing like 1234e+6 it is not very useful, and sometimes you are interested in figures which are rounded)
- editable vectors? There is code for that but I don't know what makes a vector editable

Now the question is: I put this on a separate git branch. I believe it is possible and even easy to share it with you so that you can check what I did and possibly contribute to the above improvements.
Are you interested and how does it work to share this work while keeping it on a branch? Can we do that through github?