[Kst] last critical bug fixed...

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:09:48 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I've not hacked on any kst code for a long time, so I have stayed away from the svn / git discussion...

However, I just wanted to chime in now and say that for the last couple years I have been using git for all my new projects.  The learning curve is steeper than svn, and in particular finding a "best practices" workflow took some exploration.  Having said that, once you become comfortable with git the benefit to developer efficiency is HUGE.  For example, with git it is easy to have multiple developers working on multiple branches and cleanly merging everything back into the mainline.  This is something that (for me at least) was always painful with svn.

I've also been using github for a few years, with both public and (paid) private repositories.  It is easy to set up push hooks to send updates from github to mailing lists / feeds.  Anyone can create an account, and the various collaboration tools are excellent.

Anyway, very excited that you all are switching, and I look forward to tracking the new repo on github.

cheers,

-Ted