[Kst] Building kst 2 on Windows

Ryan Billard ryanagbillard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 14:51:31 UTC 2013

Hi,
I've been trying to build kst 2 from the source code located on github (
https://github.com/syntheticpp/kst) and am running into a lot of problems.

I followed the instructions on the website to build it by opening
CMakeLists in Qt Creator and building with CMake. I'm getting the following
errors:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"NMake Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to
select a different build tool.

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:C:/Users/Ryan/Documents/GitHub/kst/cmake-build/CMakeFiles/
2.8.11.1/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:C:/Users/Ryan/Documents/GitHub/kst/cmake-build/CMakeFiles/
2.8.11.1/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

Since it's my first time building a program from source code I'm a little
lost. I was hoping you could perhaps help me figure out what I'm doing
wrong.

Thanks so much
Ryan Billard