[Kst] MacOS binary needs upgrade for Spider

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Jun 27 17:49:51 UTC 2013

On 22.06.2013 04:07, D. V. Wiebe wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 07:58:17PM -0400, Barth Netterfield wrote:
>> Don,
>> Can you make packages?  Or at least test them?
>>
>> Peter no longer has access to a Mac, but would be happy to give you
>> advice/instructions :-)
>>
>> cbn
>
> I can give it a try.  Instructions might be helpful.

In the cmake file for the non-Kst code
     https://github.com/Kst-plot/kst/blob/master/cmake/3rdparty/CMakeLists.txt#L58
you could change the getdata version.
I assume you have to change the prefix for installation in the ./configure arguments.

Then there is a script to build on mac, cmake/mac-release.sh:
     https://github.com/Kst-plot/kst/blob/master/cmake/mac-release.sh

To start manually you could use:
     cmake -G"Unix Makefiles" ../kst --Dkst_3rdparty_build=1

AFAIk, all other things you need is Qt 4.8
     http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.4/qt-mac-opensource-4.8.4.dmg
or from ports.

Peter