[Kst] Modification of the label in command line mode

MaxLR maxlr56 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:32:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. In order to be more clear, I will explain a bit
more in which context I'm using (or want to use) kst2.

--Context--
_I am doing an acquisition of measurement in real time.
_I can have between 1 and 128 inputs.
_I am generating a stream of data and I want to visualise them by kst2.
_Moreover, the user will not have to select anything (except the number of
inputs on the hardware side), he will just need to press a button
"visualise".
_The launch of kst2 is done in command line, by a call system generated by a
script. In this way I can easily (I hope) automatised the plotting.

--What I have done and where I am stuck--
_I succeed to open an ASCII or a NetCFD file in command line.
_I can generate an automatised command line for a defined number of input,
such as: kst2 data.dat -y 1 -y 23 -y 59. The final syntax of the call will
be defined when the choice of the label will be available =). Therefore, it
could be something like: kst2 data.dat -y 1 -ylabel 'Input1' -y 23 -ylabel
'Input23' -y 59 -ylabel 'Input59'.
_I did not figure yet, how to feed kst2 with a stream of data in command. I
think I will use the Netcat command. If I cannot use a stream of data, I
will use a temporary file.

--Bonus question--
_Before finishing, can I open with kst2 a "dirfile" type (in command or
"window" mode)?

Now, you know everything. So feel free to give any advice or solution to my
problem. ; )

Thank you.

Best regards,

Maxime