[Kst] Wht's left for 2.0.8 ?
egretengineering at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 00:59:18 UTC 2013
I've done a small amount of testing on the latest build. It's getting close but there are still some
* The bottom LH status bar over writes the (X,Y) coordinates with "Reading Field..." when updating
live data. I think status updates from reading data should only be displayed on the initial read.
* "FFT Length" is editable when "Interleaved Average" is deselected.
* Time axis does not update after changing sample frequency.
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=328481 It looks like the behaviour of this bug has changed
but it is still not right yet. I can provide more details if required.
* Kst crashes intermittently when loading live data. I can't reproduce this reliably yet but it
seems that the larger the file the more likely it is to crash. I will provide more details when
I can find the steps to reproduce this.
None critical bugs:
* The length of time required to read/pass ASCII data changes dramatically from one column to the
next. I'm not sure if this is a bug but on the surface it looks like load times could be
significantly reduced if this problem was fixed.
* Temporary memory is not freed after reading data from an ASCII file. As it stands at the moment
approximately twice as much ram is required than is really necessary.
I'll do some more testing and get back to you if I find anything else.
On 16/12/2013 12:36 AM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> On 15.12.2013 14:21, Nicolas Brisset wrote:
>>> Should be fixed now. I will also disable progress information when
>>> the file changes.
>> Just tested a bit: sometimes I see "column read", sometimes "Reading field"... Sometimes a
>> progress bar flickering, sometimes not.
>> And when loading from a saved .kst file the progress still ends at 50%.
> Fixed with last commit.
>> I haven't tested all possible cases (threads yes/no, live streaming data, data wizard, change
>> data file, reload existing .kst, etc...) but I have the feeling it's not really consistent.
>> I'd still favor the simpler solution I had implemented: progress bar when parsing the rows and
>> enough MB to parse, otherwise just a simple text label "Reading field: [name]", and that's it.
> I don't wanna undo all the changes, and it is much better now.
>> Kst mailing list
>> Kst at kde.org
> Kst mailing list
> Kst at kde.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kst