[Kst] kst-plot in Extragear

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 7 20:01:17 UTC 2013

kst has moved to KDE Extragear.
This gives us, at least:

  -translations!
  -commit hooks integrated with kde bugzilla
(http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual#Commit_hook_keywords )
  -(maybe) better linux distribution support in terms up official up-to-date
packages.

If you are a KDE developer, the repository can be checked out (RW) from:

   git clone git at git.kde.org:kst-plot

or, if you aren't, read only from:

   git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kst-plot

Please start to use this, rather than github.

We plan to keep the github repo up to date (at least until we figure out how to
generate windows builds through kde - and possibly longer).  (Keeping github
up to date is trivial if no-one else commits to github.)

Of course this is all up for discussion if there are objections....
But according to KDE rules, the alternative to moving our primary git to KDE
is to move completely away from KDE, which would mean we would loose our
website, and bug lists.  So staying with KDE seems to be the best option.

--
Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto