[Kst] [Kst-plot/kst] ec4353: Cleanup the ugly hack and get proper status feedba...

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Dec 4 21:27:32 UTC 2013

Hi Ben,

I'll have to try it again, I don't remember the options. I think I had to use "Limit buffer size" and I could not always load all vectors. This probably depends on the amount of RAM you have, you have to take into consideration that each vector takes 3.2 GB (around 400 million samples * 8 bytes for each double value)!
Loading the file takes between 6 and 10 minutes on the PCs I have, indeed the progress bar makes a huge difference: you know that it's not crashed! It slows down towards the end of the file, I don't exactly know why. Something for Barth to look at the next time he wants to play with valgrind :-)
It is more stable under Linux, but I definitely got it to work under Windows.
Painting on the other hand is quite fast with ca 30 s to paint the whole range.

Nicolas