[Kst] Time on X axis: Negative start time, no more than 10 minor ticks possible

Mark Dammer mark.dammer at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:27:08 UTC 2012

I am experiencing problems with formatting curves that display time on
the x-axis. The timeline is created from a column in the source data
file in standard c-time. The big problem is that Kst automatically
rounds the starttime up to a value that gives a "neat" display in the
label. In my case the source files time starts at seven seconds past
midnight, resulting in zero on the timeline being at noon and 2012/09/29
12:00:00 [Days] displayed as label. What I want is 2012/09/29 00:00:07
[Days] displayed with zero being zero on the timeline.
Is there a way to disable this automatism and to format the x-axis
manually ?
The other problem is that for the ease of readability I want 12 minor
ticks, but Kst does not seem to be able to display more than 10 minor ticks.

thanks for any help, Mark