[Kst] How to distinguish "top-level" strings from metadata strings?

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Fri Oct 5 22:50:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was trying to figure out how to avoid saving to the .kst file all the strings. I think strings created by the user should be saved (i.e. text labels and Create -> New String), but *not* datasource string metadata or other primitive metastrings.
I am a bit confused by the various types of strings there are and the _orphan member. What would be the right way to determine whether a string should be saved?

Nicolas

P.S.: is there a way (doxygen or whatever) to visualize all the type hierarchies in an easy way?