[Kst] Feature Request: Time axis in Excel numeric units

repaul_schrott-kst at yahoo.de repaul_schrott-kst at yahoo.de
Fri May 11 16:26:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I like to propose a feature for the next Kst version:

    =>    Could it be made possible to set the time units selectable for the X-axis also in the "numeric time units" of Excel and including the possibility of displaying micro-seconds ?

            The required formula is:   UNIX_TIME_SEC = (EXCEL_TIME - 25569) * 8640

            According to http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/converting_unix_timestamps/

Lately I have been using Kst with measurement data in CSV format written by the PCAN Explorer and this S/W converts the CAN interface timestamps when exporting to CSV into the "numeric time units" for Excel and therefore every channel gets its own time vector = (X,Y).

As Excel is too clumsy for plotting longer data vector and especially data vector with different sampling times, Kst comes in very handy, however I would like to avoid having to do a formula for every time vector.

Thanks

Ralph Paul