[Kst] You cannot load this much data

Ben Lewis egretengineering at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:46:47 UTC 2012

After I posted this bug I restarted Kst and the problem disappeared so I
can't easily recreate this problem to test the new release. I'm currently
using 2.0.4. I gave 2.0.5 rc3 a try recently but I could not switch over
because it did not interpret my existing 2.0.4 files correctly.

I don't think this problem is due to an actual shortage of memory. I have
used much bigger data files in the past.

If I retrace my steps, my Kst session started to run very slowly (taking a
long time to respond to mouse inputs) when I plotted one time dependent
variable against another to produce a correlation scatter plot. I think, if
I remember correctly, I restarted Kst and this fixed the slow response
problem. Then, not long after this, I got the memory error. I restarted Kst
again and everything is back to normal.