[Kst] You cannot load this much data

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon May 7 17:25:37 UTC 2012

Alas, I have not fixed this one...

This is because we haven't implemented the check available memory
check in windows... so 1GB free was
hard coded in the interm... which is pretty lame.

There are comments in the code which indicate which functions should
in principle be used, but I don't have access to a windows build
environment.
The relevant code is Data::AvailableMemory() in datacollection.cpp

Can someone with windows-foo look at this?

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Brisset, Nicolas
<Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com> wrote:
>> "You requested to read 4095 MB of data but it seams that you only have
>> approximately 1024 MB of usable memory available. You cannot load this
>> much data."
>>
>> Windows task manager shows that I have approximately 11GB of free
>> memory.
>>
>> The data file I'm trying to load is about 5MB in size. It contains one
> column of
>> ASCII data 400k lines long.
>>
>> Does anybody know what would cause this error?
> I think we've already had this and I believe Barth had fixed it.
> Which version are you using?
>
> Nicolas

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto