[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src/libkstapp

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 5 22:43:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM, <nicolas.brisset at free.fr> wrote:

> I've played a bit with the new dimensions dialog for circles and I have
> some comments:
> 1) (Unrelated but probably easy to fix) I find it hard to draw circles
> right because instead of behaving as other objects where your first click
> marks the upper left corner of the bounding box, it marks the center. I'm
> always surprised and I'd much prefer 1st click = upper left corner, release
> = lower right corner. Plus it would be more consistent.

This is... tricky.  In testing the feature, the consistency is the way to
go.  When I actually want to draw a circle around something, center/radius
is what I need.
Try it.  Imagine you are not testing the feature, but that you want to draw
a circle around something.

> 2) If you do RMB->Edit a non-modal dialog opens but the contents are not
> updated when you change the circle. We'd need a signal/slot connection to
> keep the dialog up to date when changing the object in layout mode.

OK.

> 3) The non-modal dialog tends to disappear behind the main window, but if
> you redo RMB->Edit to bring it back you get a new dialog, and it does not
> display the "Lock Position to Data" entry. We should rather bring the
> existing dialog back to the front of the screen.

Hmmm... I shall investigate.

> 4) The labels for the various items are not readable (I think it's a comma
> with an underline accross, but I'm not even sure!?!).

yes.  that is a comma with an underline.  I can get rid of the underline.

> 5) I think it's already parts of your plans, but we should allow the
> coordinates to be data coordinates when locked to data and plot coordinates
> otherwise, with a label changing in the dialog to make it clear what's
> expected.

Almost done...

> I hope you can implement the above to polish the new dialogs and the
> *excellent* lock to data feature before we realease a shining 2.0.5!
> I can take care of points 1) and 4) if you wish. For the others, I think
> you'll be much faster.

I'm in that code now, so I should do all of it...

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto