[Kst] quick 2.0.6 bug fix release Now?
Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Jun 14 09:20:48 UTC 2012
I think a bugfix release 2.0.6 is fine before we start things like ASCII time and more new features, which may take some time to develop.
I am still planning to do some screencasts, I can also take some time for quality testing (which I didn't really do for 2.0.5).
I would suggest you give me until this week-end to give feedback if I hit other minor bugs which we can also address for 2.0.6. Then we decide on what we address for 2.0.6 and do a quick release.
One other point I'd like to take another look at is the performance issue with the "many vectors" use case reported recently. Right now I suspect the tested datasources (Matlab and ASCII) are just slow to get data from "far" vectors. The plotting code seems to have no performance issue, though. I think we had agreed that a test with fixed-width ASCII would be interesting, since it computes the offset in the line instead of parsing everything (at least that's how it used to work, I haven't checked if it has changed lately). Have you actually tried it? It is easy to get fixed-width ASCII from the provided file with some awk-fu, or python. Let me know if you can do it, or if I should.
Von: kst-bounces at kde.org [mailto:kst-bounces at kde.org] Im Auftrag von Barth Netterfield
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012 02:59
Betreff: [Kst] quick 2.0.6 bug fix release Now?
I've been working on killing off a few of the bugs that popped up after 2.0.5. I think that there are very few remaining issues that I would call bugs, and the code is now unambiguously (though perhaps only slightly) better than 2.0.5 was.
So: I propose that we produce a 2.0.6 release in a couple days (and actually announce it this time, including in qt-apps) before diving into a new round of feature enhancements.
We will work to make sure that 2.0.6 is getting into the distributions, advertise it more widely, etc.
The point is to have as high a quality release as possible between now and the next feature release.
I have one more bug I need to fix first - hopefully today or tomorrow, and then release.
What do you think? Peter, will you have time in the near future to do this?
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kst