[Kst] quick 2.0.6 bug fix release Now?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Jun 14 09:20:48 UTC 2012

Hi Barth,

I think a bugfix release 2.0.6 is fine before we start things like ASCII time and more new features, which may take some time to develop.
I am still planning to do some screencasts, I can also take some time for quality testing (which I didn't really do for 2.0.5).
I would suggest you give me until this week-end to give feedback if I hit other minor bugs which we can also address for 2.0.6. Then we decide on what we address for 2.0.6 and do a quick release.

One other point I'd like to take another look at is the performance issue with the "many vectors" use case reported recently. Right now I suspect the tested datasources (Matlab and ASCII) are just slow to get data from "far" vectors. The plotting code seems to have no performance issue, though. I think we had agreed that a test with fixed-width ASCII would be interesting, since it computes the offset in the line instead of parsing everything (at least that's how it used to work, I haven't checked if it has changed lately). Have you actually tried it? It is easy to get fixed-width ASCII from the provided file with some awk-fu, or python. Let me know if you can do it, or if I should.

Nicolas