[Kst] Kst python scripting/ how to install

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Mon Jul 23 19:14:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

so I was trying to get python support compiled, I set -Dkst_python=ON and it tries to compile it, but I get the following error:
:-1: erreur : [pyKst/numpy/src/numpy-stamp/numpy-install] Erreur 1

I suspect this happens because I'm running the compilation from within QtCreator as non-root, and the install path reported by cmake is:

-- Python support: installing Kst's python files into '/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages'
where I don't have write access.

Does that make sense? How do I work around that?

Thanks,