[Kst] scripting

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 10 00:28:14 UTC 2012

For 2.0.6, the last thing I can think of is the cmake stuff for scripting.

I think that all the cmake stuff should do is:
  -make the correct changes to pykstpp_h.py
  -install the *.py files in the right python directories place when you
install kst.

Oh,.. and it should be able to create the documentation and put it in the
right place.

Josh recently made the package for arch linux, and made some changes to the
cmake stuff to make it work right for arch.
So:
Josh: can you let us know what you did?

Currently, cmake also downloads and installs numpy and scipy, which, while
cool, is apparently a no-no for linux.  I think the correct thing is to
make the right versions of numpy and scipi be requirements for the package.
 If the distribution doesn't have them, then we should provide packages.

Steve - do you have any thoughts on what ubuntu/debian packaging would need
here for all this?

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto