[Kst] force base and offset mode on startup

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 5 19:45:28 UTC 2012

kst1.x is no longer supported, but I don't think you can do what you are
suggesting.

For kst2, you can set all future plots to default to offset mode, and these
defaults will be honored from the command line.

To do this:
  -create a plot
  -edit the plot
  -on the X Axis tab (or Y axis, if desired) of the Edit Plot Item dialog,
select "Base and offset mode".
  -select "Save as default" in the bottom left corner.

Now all plots, including those created from the command line, will be in
base/offset mode.

This works for any of the plot item defaults.

Note: the command line has changed from 1.x.  It is much more powerful, but
different (order now matters).  See "kst2 --help" for details.

Barth

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Phil Maloney
<Philip.Maloney at colorado.edu>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to get kst to use base and offset mode for, e.g., the
> x-axis as the default on startup (by using a start-up script)? kst (I'm
> running 1.10) doesn't appear to use kstrc anymore, and nothing that I did
> with offsetMode in a start-up script that I load with -E made any
> difference.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

C. Barth Netterfield