[Kst] Auto scrolling in KST

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 5 17:27:42 UTC 2012

Currently, auto-scrolling only works at 100% zoom.  You need to reduce the
amount of data in the data-vectors if you want to auto-scroll looking at
less data (use the change data range tool from the tool bar).

We haven't come up with a consistent way to implement the UI for something
like this. (its hard to define what you mean), but if we come up with
something, I am not at all opposed to implementing it.

It is similar to the 'fit to a subset of the data' problem.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM, aero <chahkang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> First off, Thank you for such great program.
>
> I want to plot live data with kst.
> At X-zoom maximum mode, graph is automatically scrolled with growing data.
> but when I zoomed in the right most corner of growing data, graph is not
> scroll even if the new coming data has reached the end of right end of
> graph.
> How can I get kst to scroll continuously at arbitrary zoomed range?
>
> Thank you in advance.

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto
416-845-0946