[Kst] Real time plotting application

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 2 21:56:42 UTC 2012

It would be very difficult to use kst in another application, and I
recommend against trying.

The model for kst is:

  -app1 (that you supply) logs data to disk.  Since it does not
require plotting, it can be very simple - ours is a command line app.
  -kst monitors and plots the data real time as it is acquired.

(We also use a separate 'app3' which provides a gui front end to app1.)

This requires appendable file formats to work.  We have successfully
used ASCII and dirfiles  (http://getdata.sourceforge.net/) for this.

kst also has beta-quality python scripting which will allow a separate
python script to command kst, and send/receive data from kst.  This
could
easily be adapted (with no changes to kst) to allow control of kst
from a separate C++ app.

cbn

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Sonic <get.sonic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/02/2012 05:48 PM, Vijeesh T wrote:
>>
>> Dear All
>>
>> I'm looking for a 2d plotting library so that I can include it in my
>> application. The application is not yet developed, and I came across kst
>> plot. I would like to know whether kst provides a library using which new
>> plots can be developed(sort of sdk).
>

> Have you considered Qwt?
>
> regards,
>
> Syam