[Kst] reading streaming data from stdin with kst2

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 19 13:18:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Václav Šmilauer <eu at doxos.eu> wrote:
> Now with kst2, how can I read streaming data from stdin? I checked
> libkstapp/commandlineparser.cpp and it does not seem to handle stdin.

stdin has been dropped from kst2, though it could be re-instated if we
identify a real need for it.

> If I can write data to a regular file and flush it after each new line
> written, while kst2 would keep updating graphs from the new records, that
> would be also fine. I need response time of a few hundreds milliseconds
> maximum.

That is exactly what I do.  Timing should be no problem.  You want to
be in 'count from end' mode (which is what is called 'roll mode' on a
scope) or 'read to end' mode.

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto