[Kst] cmake for pykst

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 16 17:14:47 UTC 2011

cmake for pykst is really cool!  I love the auto down-load/install for
numpy and scipy!

Some comments:
It doesn't seem to check to see if you already have numpy/scipy
installed.  Can/should we do that check?

Do people think that pykst should be installed with kst, or should it
be a separate package?

I was also a little surprised by how it worked.

By analogy to what kst does, I expected
  [pykst_build$] cmake ../cmake/pykst
to create pykstpp_h.py and put it (and maybe the other source files)
in a subdir (./src?)

I don't know what to expect from
  [pykst_build$] make

I expected
  [pykst_build$] sudo make install
to copy all of the py files to the correct python directory

I think that installing the dependencies maybe should be done by
  [pykst_build$] sudo make deps
or something like that, rather than make.  Or is it already a cmake
option? (download 3rd party)?

But I really don't know.  Can the packagers (Steve?  Matt?) comment on this?

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto