[Kst] KST user question re: statistics on sub-range of plot

beale beale at bealecorner.com
Fri Nov 4 17:43:06 UTC 2011

I am a KST user, not a developer so I apologize if this is the wrong place for me. I was not able to find an active "user forum" specific to KST questions, just a generic set of KDE forums.  I'm running KST 2.0.3 on Windows XP.

Question: is there an easy way to compute average, peak-peak, and RMS values for a sub-range of a data set?  For example I have data from index 0...1000 but I want to see the statistics on only points 200-300.  Zooming in on the data by drawing a rectangle with the mouse works so nicely, it would be nice to also select a sub-range for stats that way, but manually entering indexes is also workable.  I often want to label plots with avg, rms, p-p values for several different selected sub-ranges, corresponding to different states of a system at different times, although I have just one large set of data which was logged continuously.

By the way thanks for making this wonderful program, I use it almost every day on sets of several 10s of thousands of points, where Excel graphs are either unbearably slow, or it just quits all together.

thanks for any help, or pointers to the correct forum!

-John Beale