[Kst] Re: Sample data?

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Mar 29 20:54:12 CEST 2011

> > What do you think we should do with domain names?
> kst.astro.utoronto.ca?
> >  Or just link to them from kst.kde.org?
>
> I would suggest linking to them; it gets confusing, ugly, and
> otherwise not nice to have multiple domain names for what logically is a
> unified webpage.
I definitely agree here: the idea is to host the files on a server with enough bandwidth to serve them correctly, but this should be hidden from the user. I'm planning to embed the videos on the screencast page.
Which is fun given the amount of video formats there is, and the lack of a universal format, each major browser refusing to support some for political/ethical reasons...
But there are good resources on the web explaining the situation and giving solutions. So in the end it should work.