[Kst] Re: The crash when using a gsl-based fit plugin: possible solution

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sat Mar 19 13:13:25 CET 2011

> > It seems that making the gsl flags "-Wl,--no-as-needed -lgsl
> -lgslcblas -lm" and making sure they are at the end of the list should
> fix the issue.
> >
> > Peter, could you try to add that to cmake so that I can check
> whether it works? Having all fit plugins crash is really bad. We
> should try to fix it, especially if there is a known solution. I'm
> actually surprised that it does not crash on other Linux systems as
> this way of linking seems to be the default for gsl.
>
> As I understand it, gsl loads a blas lib at runtime. Have you
> installed one of them on your sytem?

Yes, it is in fact part of the gsl package. It's just that somehow it is not correctly linked.

nicolas at linux-cwbq:~> rpm -ql gsl
/usr/bin/gsl-histogram
/usr/bin/gsl-randist
/usr/lib/libgsl.so.0
/usr/lib/libgsl.so.0.15.0
/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0
/usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0.0.0

Is it difficult to try the above mentioned switch? I guess changing the gsl flags when gsl is found should do the trick...