[Kst] Creating Datasource Reader

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:16:41 CET 2011

Hello

     We've been using a package called Easyplot for all our plotting
needs and we're now considering Kst 1.8 on Linux. (Can't use Kst 2.x
series because we're on KDE 3.5 on RHEL 5).
Our plot files are single independent files that contain ASCII header
(that describe the number of columns, X & y vectors, formatting etc.)
followed by ASCII or binary data. I'd like to know if I can make Kst
open and use the same plot file by creating a custom datasource reader.

My requirement is that by opening the file in Kst, the plot should
appear, without the user needing to select more options or making more
clicks. It's okay if I need to call Kst with some command line options.

Before I jump on creating a custom reader, I thought I should ask here
if this is even possible with Kst 1.x.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Syam Krishnan C.R.