[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 11 00:24:57 CET 2011

> Could you tell us what you plan to do with the issue that duplicated
> vectors don't have correct metadata: fix it now, or release with the fix
> you made that prevents the change data file tool from crashing and wait
> for the next release to do a proper fix?

The metadata is only not picked up when the config options for the new file are
not correct.  Currently, the config options for the old file are not
copied over to
the new one, so if they are of the same format, but different than the user's
default config, and the new file has never been opened, then it will be wrong.

In order to make it possible for the user to handle this, I have added
a datasource
config button to the change file dialog, so the user can manually set the format
of the new file.

Eventually, something more intelligent should happen.  Like it should guess that
the file is of the same format of the old one, and then check using
some heuristics
to verify this.  This is not for 2.0.3, which should probably be
released very soon.

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto