[Kst] Re: Addition of sample on a specific range

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Mar 9 08:41:14 CET 2011

Ben, thanks for the reply :-)

You're right, this is the plugin to use, if you want only one scalar at the end (cost over the whole data set). However, I fear that what Mathieu wanted is a "sliding window", or "moving sum", which the plugin currently does not support. It should be easy (and it would be interesting) to add an option to compute either the cumulative sum over the whole data, or an output vector showing the cumulative sum over a given number of samples. The only "difficult" point in that case would be the values to use at the beginning, i.e. for the first samples until we have the desired window width.

And some other ideas:

-          use the "Sum" automatic scalar, and generate another scalar from it if you need a scale factor (Create->Scalar->Generate and type your equation in the "Value" field of the "Generate" group). This has the advantage that you can then display the value in a text label directly.

-          use the Data range tool to select the right number of samples, and scroll through the data "page-wise". If the update mechanism is working as it should, you should see the label update automatically. Unfortunately, right now it seems that scalars from other scalars don't get updated. Barth, would this be easy to fix?

Mathieu: if it's not clear or if we haven't understood the case, just refine your question.

Nicolas