[Kst] Re: streaming udp data

Matthew Truch matt at truch.net
Thu Mar 3 23:49:15 CET 2011

Nicholas is right, but I'll add my two cents.

After thinking of this several times before, your best option is to
write a simple program that saves the data to disk in a format kst can
read and then reading from that file in kst.  That gives you the
greatest flexibility in terms of speed and storage.

As for what data format, that depends on the number of fields you're
writing and your data rate.  For smaller numbers, ASCII is fine and
easy to write.  Getdata is fast and space efficient.

With any of the formats kst reads, it will update with new data in
real time.  Don't forget to flush the data after each write if you go
the ASCII file route.